In a recent press release, the World Meeting of Families announced that Pope Francis will  have two papal parades on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The first parade will take the Holy Father from Eakins Oval to/around City Hall prior to the Festival of Families on Saturday, September 26th and the second parade will be prior to the Papal Mass on Sunday, September 27. The route for the second parade is still being finalized but is expected to be shorter. The parades are meant to give those gathered at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway an opportunity to see the pontiff up close. Donna Crilley Farrell, Executive Director of the World Meeting of Families is hoping fears of participation will be allayed with the introduction of free tickets for the events and the papal parades.

Source:

44 Comments, RSS

• Debra Newton

October 3, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I am from South Carolina and was at the Papal mass on Sunday. I feel truly blessed to have been able to be there and Pope Francis stopped to bless a baby right in front of us. I bought several t-shirts and when I got home I decided that I would make a quilt to commemorate my trip. I saw many t-shirts that I liked that various churches had printed and have been trying to locate and obtain some of them. One that I saw but did not see where it was from was a navy blue with a white outline of what I think was the World Meeting of Families icon. If anyone could help me in locating this shirt it would be greatly appreciated.

• Kate Wagner

September 24, 2015 at 4:52 am

I hope you can help me. I got my allotment of 4 tickets to the Papal Mass, but my husband and I have our 5 kids with us, so we need 7 tickets. Will they let us in together on 4 tickets since they are my children? Or is there some way to get 3 more tickets? Thanks for your help- Kate

• Joseph Feeley

September 24, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Hi Kate,

Children 2 and under do not need tickets.

Joseph Feeley
      Website Manager
      PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Skip

November 6, 2016 at 5:38 am

There are no words to describe how boadoicus this is.

• Indian

November 6, 2016 at 6:43 am

Dude, right on there brorhet.

• Nina Simonetti

September 24, 2015 at 1:06 am

What is the parade route for Sunday sept 27 before the 4 pm mass? We have PATCO tickets to get from jersey to Philly. We do not have tickets to get anywhere close to the art museum steps, so we would like to find a place along the parade route to see him. Everything I’ve found online so far is from early sept and it says that the Sunday parade route is still being finalized. We are only 4 days away now. I’m sure it has been finalized by now!

• Joseph Feeley

September 24, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Hi Nina,

We contacted the World Meeting of Families, and they said the Sunday papal parade route has not yet been finalized. They said it is likely to be similar to the Festival of Families parade route (From the Philadelphia Art Museum down through the parkway to City Hall and back).

Joseph Feeley
      Website Manager
      PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Stephanie Weicker

September 26, 2015 at 3:32 am

What time will the parade begin on the 26th? All I keep reading is that the parade will begin before the 5pm start of the festival, but no specific time.

• India

November 6, 2016 at 5:18 am

That’s really thiinkng of the highest order

• Winter

November 6, 2016 at 5:16 am

Inntillgeece and simplicity – easy to understand how you think.

• Jaydee

November 6, 2016 at 6:59 am

Super exiectd to see more of this kind of stuff online.

• Ginny Gallagher

September 23, 2015 at 5:42 pm

I too was not able to get a ticket for the secure area to see the Pope. I really would like to be in the presence of this Pope. I live in Philly and although in my late 60’s I walk a distance each day. Where is the parade going to be where you would not need a ticket?

• Joseph Feeley

September 24, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Hi Ginny,

There will be 2 Papal parades. During the first, Saturday September 26th, Pope Francis is expected to drive from Eakins Oval to/around City Hall, prior to the Festival of Families. The parade route for Sunday, September 27th has not been finalized, but is expected to be shorter. These parades mean that all who gather on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway (ticketed or not) will have an opportunity to see Pope Francis up close and personal.

Joseph Feeley
      Website Manager
      PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Philly

November 6, 2016 at 6:17 am

No more s***. All posts of this qutaily from now on

• Adelphia

November 6, 2016 at 5:30 am

This is just the pefecrt answer for all forum members

• ALEX CARLIN

September 21, 2015 at 10:22 pm

what time is the papal parade around city hall on Saturday?? also can I still get tickets??

• Nelly

November 6, 2016 at 6:22 am

I’m greaftul you made the post. It’s cleared the air for me.

• Harry

September 21, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Isn’t it truly wonderful how far the hand of God can reach ! To all corners just to catch a glimpse. We have such a beautiful freedom !

• Bryson

November 6, 2016 at 5:37 am

Cool! That’s a clever way of loinkog at it!

• Melissa Fields

September 20, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Hello, just so I understand… I have the septa passes so it that the only formal type of pass etc I will need to attempt to see the pope?

• Joseph Feeley

September 21, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Yes, for the Festival of Families and Philadelphia Papal Mass.

Joseph Feeley
      Website Manager
      PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Nancy

September 11, 2015 at 3:12 am

Hi what are the tickets for? Can we put in special request to at least get a chance for pope Francais to give us blessings?

• Sonia Nava

September 11, 2015 at 1:35 am

Hello, I’m from Texas and making a trip to New York on the days Pope Francis will be there and from what I’ve read online everything requires a ticket is that correct or am I reading it wrong, because I had my heart set on being able to at least take a glimpse @ him 😞, if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thank You.

• Eric & Laura

September 11, 2015 at 12:36 am

I have tickets for the Family event Saturday afternoon/evening. Will seating be available, or is this a standing only event? Thanks

• Annette

September 10, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Can you please tell me when the Papal Parade on Saturday Sep 26th begins? Thank you.

• Sandy

September 9, 2015 at 10:53 pm

i thought you need a ticket to enter into the festival. You are saying you can use the regional rail pass designated for the papal weekend?

• Joseph Feeley

September 10, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Tickets are only for certain areas of the festival. You need a papal regional rail pass from SEPTA in order to travel to and from the festival grounds.

Joseph Feeley
      Website Manager
      PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Laura Alfaro

September 9, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Hi Mr. Joseph:

I still can not believe it, because I tried more tan one hundred times to obtain one ticket but I was not posible.
    As I told you, I will flight the same day from El SAlvador to Philadelphia and even havent make a reservation in a Hotel because all of them are too expensive but I will be there the 26 of september. Can you help me find a ticket please?

• Melissa melendez

September 9, 2015 at 3:54 am

I was online to get the tickets on Philadelphia. It’s not fair that in less than 10 minutes all the tickets were sold out. I was there since 11:30 waiting. They should give more tickets. Pope comes for the people not for the priestest that they go and see him anytime.
    Thanks.

• Joseph Feeley

September 9, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Hi Melissa,

You can still attend the Papal Mass and Festival of Families without a ticket. You will just need a special papal transit pass from SEPTA (septa.org) or a similar Philadelphia Transit service.

Joseph Feeley
      Website Manager
      PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Laura Alfaro

September 9, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Where can I get that ticket, I also was waiting for two hours onfront of my computer and I couldnt get a ticke. I will fly al the way from El Salvador to Philadelphia de same day, and I would like to have this ticket. Can you reply to me please. How can I do? I even havent find a Hotel but I will be there. I already bought the ticket. Many thanks for your help.

• Lorren

November 6, 2016 at 6:14 am

The expsetire shines through. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Ramon Martinez

September 16, 2015 at 3:51 am

Those are gone too. This whole thing promotes competition and cannibalism by the powers that be. It is BS that we all can enjoy these events freely and without preocupation. Your system is rigged and many of us are left out only because we were not fast enough. The parkway should be all free no restrictions. The SEPTA pass is $10. Tell the Pope and see his reaction. Shame on you.

• Long Nguyen

September 21, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Dear Joseph , my name is Long I’m Vietnamese , I don’t speak well English, I readed online email , same you are the person present for Papa? If you are not , pls for get this mail, I iust want to asking you how can I And my mom can see Papa in Philadelphia ?

• Joseph Feeley

September 21, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Hi Long,

Attend the Festival of Families and Papal Mass in Philadelphia. Both are free. You will need public transit pass tickets to travel around the city. No cars are allowed in most of the city.

Joseph Feeley
          Website Manager
          PopeFrancisVisit.com

• Janese

November 6, 2016 at 6:11 am

So true. Honesty and everything rencgoized.

• Lottie

November 6, 2016 at 7:26 am

A piece of eridotuin unlike any other!

• Carrieann

November 6, 2016 at 5:48 am

It’s a real plseuare to find someone who can think like that